Goodbye API Key: How to use Printful's New Token 🔐
In case you didn't know, Printful is changing its API Key system early next year. This means all stores that currently use the API Key will need to switch to the new API Tokens to continue using Printful in a short time 🏃🏻
Last 30th of September, the creation of legacy API keys was officially disabled from the Printful Dashboard. Users that were using that type of API keys can still continue using them till the 30th of March of 2023, which is probably your case.
But what happens after that? From April 2023, all customers must have migrated to the new API tokens, since the API keys will no longer be available.
This might sound a bit confusing, but don't worry, we will explain everything you need to know so it doesn't mean a headache for you! 😉
Before moving forward, let me quickly explain what can you do with Printful API and why is it so important for your business.
Thanks to the API key you can - amongst other interesting things - automate order fulfillment. This means you can connect your Customily account with your Printful account and every time you receive a personalized order on your Shopify store, it will be automatically sent to Printful for fulfillment.
You can literally set your store on autopilot! ✈️ Your customers will be able to personalize their products in your Shopify store, choose all the different variables they want (even add their own photos!) and then ALL that information will automatically be sent to Printful.
Printful will receive all the order details to fulfill and ship the product exactly as the customer wanted it, and you can just sit back and watch as the magic happens✨
From your online store to your customer’s home, everything is automated, all thanks to an API code 😉
Now that you understand the importance of having your accounts properly integrated I bet you're eager to learn how to make the change! 🤔
If you got your API Key before September 2022, you still have a couple of months ahead to keep using it. But we highly recommend setting everything ahead of time so you take this off your plate and can rest assured that once the deadline comes, you don't have to worry about anything.
⚠️ Also, if you're just starting with Printful, you will need to use the new token system now! So pay attention to the following instructions:
How to find Printful's New API Token
1. Log in to your Printful account at printful.com
2. Go to Stores on the left dashboard and verify your online store is connected to Printful.
3. If you haven't connected it yet, connect your online store with Printful.
4. Go to Settings / API, choose your store and click on Go to Printful Developers.
5. Once you log in to your account click on Create a token.
6. Indicate a distant Expiration Date, it supports up to 2 years.
7. Select a single store to apply the token and enable all scopes.
8. Click on CREATE NEW TOKEN and the Access Key to connect with the store that you selected is now generated!
How to connect Customily with Printful for Shopify
1. From your Customily Admin, select Store on the left toolbar.
2. Select Settings on the center top options.
3. Choose the Integrations tab.
4. Click to Enable the Printful Integration.
5. Copy your new Printful API token.
6. Click Save Settings.
You're all set! 🥳 Customily and Printful are now connected. It wasn't as hard as it sounded, right? 😊
If you need further information about Printful's new token, you can read this article from their help center. And if you're a Customily user and need help integrating our app with Printful, don't hesitate to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist you!
📌 Please remember to apply the new token before March 30th when it becomes mandatory!
Happy Customizing! ✨